Thursday 1 May 2014

Space Planning: Ideas for Exterior

From my previous diagrams, I chose a couple of the diagrams with 'cuts' that I thought would be the most functional in terms of allowing heat in.

Development of layout 
I cut out the sun room and shifted it to the west side of the house. This allows for more sunlight to enter the larger living spaces. I also cut out the entire floor section on the ground level and lifted it above to become the second level - the rise of the house makes the space open and more available to light and heat.







Development of second layout 
I used the diagram that cut through the centre of the entire house. By repositioning one side of the house above the other, I was able to direct it towards the sun, allowing for extra heat. I took elements from the diagram above by shifting the sun room to the side so that it doesn't block any light that may enter.





Benefits of both diagrams
Producing an additional level means there will be more space for occupants to interact with one another and also have individual, private areas. The separation of these two spaces could potentially be used for different tasks and leisurely activities e.g. kitchen and living room could be downstairs and the bedrooms could be upstairs. This also allows for occupants to control who enters these public and private areas.

No comments:

Post a Comment